Monday, November 12, 2007

the black crow..


“I think that bird is a spy” Rachel said as she closed the door of the cottage behind her.

“He’s been following me since I left the castle.”
Putting the cloth satchel down on the table Rachel took out the round loaf of bread that she traded in the market for their supper.

Ada looked up from the candles she was busy lighting, the ring of light it formed around her face made her look sad in the half darkness of the room.

“Did you remember the letter?”
“Jonah said that he would take it to the camps tomorrow, he has to deliver fresh supplies to the kings’ army and can get it through for us.”

Ada drew back the curtain and looked up at the red coral tree; the crow was still watching them, his beady eyes following the wisps of smoke coming up from the chimney rising into the dead sky.

They ate their supper in silence, not even trusting the walls with their secret, left the coals glaring in the fireplace to warm the room and climbed into the bed they had to share...

No comments:

dis hier waar ek my hart verloor het en my moed weer gevind het...

dis hier waar ek my hart verloor het en my moed weer gevind het...
vrystaat

iets wat ek nooit sal erken nie:

party keer dink ek daar is 'n ander weergawe van myself wat wegkruip in die skadu's en sy gaan enige oomblik uitspring en vir my lag... 23/07/08

dinge wat my gellukig maak...

  • stap tot dit stil word om my
  • glasie wyn en goeie kos
  • organiseer en skedules maak
  • oplees en research doen oor random goed
  • om tafel sit en kuier met mari, yolande en mina
  • skryf
  • iets doen wat al my konsentrasie vat
  • in sonnietjie le en slaap
  • kos maak
  • ver ry
  • op bank le met goeie boek
  • by die huis wees